Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning construction evidence, and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Audience Research - Primary

 This is  the film opening I made my class observe and answer the questions below to;


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5bmX9P1zs


These were the questions I asked the class;
  • What genre would you say the film was, and why?
  • What certificate would you believe this film would be given, why?
  • Do you find this opening interesting enough to watch on? If so, what did you like about it?
  • Are you given enough information about the characters to follow the narrative and understand clearly whats going on?
  • Is the editing smooth enough to compliment whats happening on the screen?
  • Is there anything you would change about this opening, if so what? (i.e. an action/camera movement)

   

  • From my classmates reviews I was able to pick up specific genre conventions from within their answers to my questions as well as what age certificate I should rate my film "I would say this film was a 15 as it doesn't seem appropriate for a younger audience". 
  • Most people where correct about the genre of the film which shows that this opening would be a prime example for me to study and maybe incorporate some of the techniques shown in the sequence. 
  • "It seems quite creepy and I'd want to find out what goes on" - This quote tells me that this opening showed/explained enough narrative to engage the audience, which I imagine happened closer to the end of the opening sequence when there is a complicating action, therefore in my own opening I must ensure I have a intriguing action which makes the audience want to watch on, whether it be with the same amount of drama as the Sixth Sense opening I study I'm not sure. 
  • "I would change the speed of whats going on as I believe there's to much going on for the audience to understand"- This is a clear piece of advice that I could inc-operate into my own opening, this makes me weary of how much information I should give to my audience, I'll have to make sure that I progressively give the audience enough information to clearly understand, yet at the same time shift the narrative onwards so that it still feels smooth and chronological so the audience can comprehend whats going on. Given the nature of my idea, I believe I can fully inc-operate the information I've received from this research.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment