Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning construction evidence, and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Monday 23 January 2012

Research into a potential target audience - secondary

These films I've selected are of the same genre of the film I intend to make, therefore their target audience will inform me of my own film's target audience


Film - The Lovely Bones
Comparable film - Mystic River
URL - http://business.pearlanddean.com/films_guide_details/4481/the-lovely-bone
Date accessed - 20/01/12



Film - The Sixth Sense
Comparable film - N/A
URL - http://business.pearlanddean.com/films_guide_details/769/the-sixth-sense
Date accessed - 20/01/12


Film - The Woman In Black
Comparable Film - Shutter Island
URL - http://business.pearlanddean.com/films_guide_details/5983/the-woman-in-blackDate accessed - 23/01/12


Film - Shutter Island
Comparable Film - The Departed
URL - http://business.pearlanddean.com/films_guide_details/4572/shutter-islandDate accessed - 23/01/12

My target audience;

My target audience seems to be a variation between male and female, tending to be balanced, the age limited of all my films is suggested that I can expect to have people over the ages of 15 watching my films, this I believe is due to the complexity of some of the films I've researched, which demands some sense of understanding from the audience, hence the age limit being 15+. The most common trend in class is C1 (Middle class).

My audience profile;
The easiest way to portray my audience profile
would be through an collage of films, this is because
I believe its easier to convey to people my audience
by giving them something to look at and understand.
(refer to poster on the right)

Why am I targeting this group?
My target is a mature audience, this is because I believe
they'll understand the nature of the film and be capable
of following the narrative behind my opening. I hope to
convey representations of happiness and peace, but in
a way most younger people may not understand as I'm
portraying that happiness via a character who is a ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment