Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you will find research and planning construction evidence, and evaluation for my AS foundation portfolio.

Thursday 2 February 2012

Inspirational Film Stills

These are a select few film stills that I wish to recreate within my own film opening;

I believe each one of these stills would fit both the editing style and narrative of my opening. Each shot displays different meaning, I believe the first still (if I was to implement it into my own film) could convey the protagonist feeling lost or trapped as the stairwell rail combined with the blacked out edges make for a closed frame which represents the feelings is said above, this would fit the narrative of my story as I wish the audience to empathise with the character, and shots like this may make that more possible. The second still I believe can convey one of two thing, rather a shot of total peace and ease due to the character positioning, looking upwards towards the sky conveys this still as having an uplifting message behind it, however, I believe it can also convey the character in the still as being upset or fearful as laid as she is in the still conveys her as being vulnerable, the emphasis on this one character also creates an atmosphere between the character on screen and the audience watching, this still would help me recreate one of these representations and all together make my audience further more engrossed in my opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment